Job Description — Account Manager
Are you equal parts cat herder and client whisperer? Do your clients routinely say, “I couldn’t have done this without you!” and mean it? Do you live to give clients what they need, even when it differs from what they want? Can you confidently and consistently tie a connection between business goals, strategic insights and the creative campaign? Would your ability to land projects make an airport control tower stop and take note? Do you have the grace and tenacity to maintain and grow relationships with clients while simultaneously keeping the agency gears greased to ensure seamless service delivery?
If so, you’re one of us.
Our ideal candidate sees opportunity in everything and thrives on collaborating with creatives, strategists and other account managers. You understand that ‘we’ is much stronger than ‘I’, and you sleep well knowing everyone on the team is capable of carrying their own water. You’re passionate, resilient, curious, hungry, detail-obsessed, opinionated and resourceful. You’re equal parts thrilled and terrified that working with a team this passionate will push you to new heights you may have thought were out of reach—and maybe to heights beyond that. While perfection isn’t a requirement of the job, giving it your best is expected on a daily basis.
- Be accountable to the overall health of your client relationships, including strategic account planning, as well as day-to-day management and prioritization. You will:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for several clients
- Manage internal and external meeting schedules
- Create all client facing documents including reports, status updates and meeting agendas
- Regularly report to clients on the success of our partnership and seek out opportunities for Agency service improvements
- Report back internally on the health of your client accounts
- Identify issues before they occur and proactively address them with proposed solutions.
- Surprise and delight your clients when an opportunity arises, creating one if none do.
- Look for the “what ifs” — regularly identify and present opportunities to bring the big ideas that will grow our accounts from within.
- Be an advocate for the agency, always working to educate our clients and keep the relationship efficient and productive.
- Be an advocate for your clients, holding their brand at the highest level and ensuring everything we produce drives their business forward.
- Pitch in everywhere — we value collaboration and helping each other succeed over all else.
- Keep multiple plates spinning on sticks while simultaneously playing the harmonica.
- Collaborate across the agency to identify the best resources, timing and plan for each new project.
- Serve as the internal delivery management hub:
- Plan, schedule and lead weekly internal status meetings
- Lead and manage project kickoff meetings with internal teams
- Manage freelance and vendor relations when using external resources to meet client needs
- Drive workflow to ensure project deliverables are properly routed and client delivery is seamless
- Partner and collaborate with other account managers to plan shared resources to accommodate timelines
- Ensure work is delivered on budget and on time, every time.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of client-facing experience managing multiple accounts
- Experience with online project management software – ideally Wrike or similar platform
- Love for the big idea. We’re strategy-first and tactics-second, always.
- Self-motivated (no hand holding here)
- Samurai-level expertise in MS Office and Google Suite applications
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Like to laugh, or make people laugh, or both
- Must be in the Raleigh, NC area
- Flexible work environment after 90 days
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jessica McClenney – email@example.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
At wmHarper, we have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. We believe inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, making us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. As a business imperative, every person has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
wmHarper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, including age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.