Job Description — Brand Strategist
Do you love 80-hour work weeks churning out disposable ideas for ungrateful clients? Can’t wait to see the look on the faces of your family when you cancel vacation for another new business pitch? Thrive on politics, infighting and feeling like a cog in the holding company machine?
No? Then we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for a seasoned Brand Strategist to join a scrappy team of change agents who specialize in helping emerging and challenger brands transform from unknown to unstoppable. Someone who wants to play a meaningful role in a rapidly growing agency and will appreciate being surrounded by smart, dedicated people who work hard, give a shit but never forget that “it’s just advertising.”
We are looking for a critical, strategic and creative thinker able to deliver thought leadership to our clients and the agency. Naturally curious, they will have the ability to deliver innovative and actionable brand and communication strategies based on relevant and distinct insights mined from the intersection between consumer, culture, competitor and the brand. You’re an amazing story-teller, skilled at landing great creative briefs and comfortable presenting your ideas through compelling and robust narratives. You’re passionate about your craft, resilient, curious, hungry, detail-oriented, opinionated, and resourceful. You get your kicks solving difficult problems and inspiring creative teams through the power of big ideas.
- Design and oversee execution and delivery of primary and secondary research
- Analyze holistic research findings and identify key insights
- Formulate and develop disruptive strategies for a wide variety of brands
- Define key audience through personas, decision journeys, and communication frameworks that inform how our brand should connect with them
- Craft strategic springboards to inspire creative development
- Present beautifully-crafted research stories to clients
- Collaborate with creative, media and account service
- Guide go-to-market strategies
- Consistently generate innovative thinking that challenges the conventional approach
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills, both internally and with clients
- Ability to remain motivated and accountable working remotely with limited oversight
- Willingness to travel to Raleigh, NC headquarters and other locations for the purposes of team building, client meetings, production, or other job-related activities as necessary
- Portfolio of work demonstrating smart, well-crafted brand building strategies in a variety of categories
- Ability to understand and analyze quantitative and qualitative research findings to identify strategic pathways
- Strong presentation skills
- 6+ years working in an agency or in-house branding environment
- Expert storytelling skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Collaborative and team-oriented with proficiency working with members of all different departments and with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills in communication to clients, internal team, and management
- Open to the possibility of relocating to the Raleigh, NC area in the future
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO (after the first 90-days)
- Flexible remote/hybrid model
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Disability + Life Insurance Program
- Family leave program
- More restful nights
- Renewed faith in humanity (or at least advertising)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Rachelle Van Soest – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity & Inclusion
At wmHarper, we have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. We believe inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, making us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. As a business imperative, every person has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
wmHarper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, including age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.