Job Description — Copywriter
Do you love 80-hour work weeks? Churning out round after round of disposable ideas for ungrateful clients? Can’t wait to see the look on the faces of your family when you cancel vacation for another new business pitch? Thrive on politics, infighting and feeling like a cog in the holding company machine?
No? Then we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for a seasoned Copywriter to join a scrappy team of change agents who specialize in helping emerging and challenger brands transform from unknown to unstoppable. Someone who wants to play a meaningful role in a rapidly growing agency and will appreciate being surrounded by smart, dedicated people who work hard, give a shit but never forget that “it’s just advertising.”
In addition to generating “I wish I had done that” creative ideas, our ideal candidate sees opportunity in everything, and thrives on collaborating with other creatives, strategists and account managers who are equally hellbent on clearing away clutter and getting brands noticed. You’re passionate about your craft, resilient, curious, hungry, detail-oriented, opinionated, and resourceful. You believe in the power of words, especially when they’re rooted in a powerful idea. You get your kicks solving difficult problems and take pride in doing it in unexpected and surprising ways.
- Formulate and develop disruptive ideas for a wide variety of brands
- Concept and execute solutions for all different forms of media, including manifestos, scripts, presentations, digital, content and things no one has thought of yet from start to finish
- Understand and appreciate the importance of strategy, and ensure that all ideas are on brief
- Manage multiple clients and deliverables simultaneously
- Work with all disciplines to deliver projects of creative excellence on time
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills, both internally and with clients
- Give and receive constructive feedback in a respectful manner
- Show maturity in dealing with the ups and downs of the business, and look for creative opportunities on even the most challenging of projects
- Ability to remain motivated and accountable working remotely with limited oversight
- Willingness to travel to Raleigh, NC headquarters and other locations for the purposes of team building, client meetings, production, or other job-related activities as necessary
- Portfolio of work demonstrating smart, well-crafted brand building ideas and executions in a variety of categories and mediums
- 6+ years working in an agency or in-house branding environment developing highly conceptual work
- Experience with and ability to handle different types of production
- Expert storytelling skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Collaborative and team-oriented with proficiency working with members of all different departments and with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills in communication to clients, internal team, and management
- Open to the possibility of relocating to the Raleigh, NC area in the future
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO (after the first 90-days)
- Flexible remote/hybrid model
- More restful nights
- Renewed faith in humanity (or at least advertising)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Chris Bettin & Jeff Savage – email@example.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
At wmHarper, we have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. We believe inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, making us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. As a business imperative, every person has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
wmHarper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, including age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.